CES 2013 is just around the corner and Soundfreaq is already making a splash with their unveiling of Sound Platform 2 and Lightning dock versions of the Sound Step/Sound Step Recharge and Sound Rise. Check out the press release after the break with more details!
SOUNDFREAQ UNVEILS NEW LINE-UP FOR CES 2013, INCLUDING FIRST
DUAL STREAMING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER AND SOUNDFREAQ’S FIRST LIGHTNING SPEAKER DOCK FOR THE IPHONE 5 AND IPAD MINI
Products Unveiling at CES 2013 Include Sound Platform 2, Sound Rise Lightning and Sound Step/Sound Step Recharge Lightning
Los Angeles, December 10, 2012 – Soundfreaq, maker of the critically acclaimed line of wireless speakers, introduces a suite of new innovative products at CES for 2013: Sound Platform 2, Sound Rise Lightning and Sound Step / Sound Step Recharge Lightning. Sound Platform 2 features DSS (Dual System Streaming), allowing two systems to be paired together, working as one speaker system with left and right audio. With Sound Platform 2, consumers can fill a room with powerful, balanced sound and true stereo separation.
Sound Platform 2 improves on the highly praised acoustic performance of the original Sound Platform offering enhanced bass at high-volume listening, larger speaker drivers, and Tone Control as well as UQ3 spatial enhancement. Additional features include dual USB charging ports, allowing not just one, but two smartphones or tablets to charge simultaneously. Sound Platform 2’s extras also include a Universal Device Tray that slides out to hold any phone or tablet while streaming and charging, keeping charging cables conveniently tucked away and out of sight.
Soundfreaq is also unveiling Lightning versions of the popular Sound Step / Sound Step Recharge, a compact, low-profile speaker with a built-in 7-hour rechargeable battery, and Sound Rise, a bedroom speaker, radio and alarm clock, allowing iPhone 5 and iPad Mini users to dock and charge their devices.
“Sound Platform 2 was re-designed to complement today’s smart devices,” said Matthew Paprocki, co-founder and creative director of Soundfreaq. “In the post-iPod era, the device landscape is much more diverse with 30-pin and Lightning Apple devices, Android phones, tablets and a host of other exciting mobile entertainment devices. We wanted to design a speaker that would work equally well with all of these devices. Sound Platform 2 is packed with clever features and acoustic power.”
Sound Platform 2 will be released on February 17, 2013 exclusively at Target for $149.99. Sound Step / Sound Step Recharge Lightning and Sound Rise Lightning will be available later in Spring 2013.
Sound Platform 2 continues Soundfreaq’s commitment to delivering a versatile, wireless audio entertainment experience, including:
- Exceptional Sound Performance – Designed for music lovers, Sound Platform 2 is acoustically balanced to complement every genre, at any volume. Sound Platform 2 is crafted for natural bass response, vocal clarity and full stereo separation.
- Dual System Streaming (DSS)– Allows for two Sound Platform 2 systems to be paired together to play as one speaker system with left and right audio split between each for true stereo separation and powerful sound.
- Upgradeable Rechargeable Battery – Soundfreaq will be offering a rechargeable battery pack that consumers can add to Sound Platform 2 to enjoy up to 7 hours of AC-free listening.
- Always in Charge – With dual USB power ports, Sound Platform 2 charges iOS with 30-pin connector and 9-pin Lightning connectors including iPhone 5, as well as Android, Windows and Blackberry phones and tablets.
- Universal Device Tray – Slides out to hold any phone or tablet while streaming and charging. Charging cables are kept conveniently tucked away and out of sight.
- App-solute Entertainment – Sound Platform 2 enhances any entertainment experience delivering rich, detailed audio with any app to enjoy movies, TV shows, videos, games, and Internet radio, including Pandora, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, TiVo, Spotify and HBO GO.
- Everyone Can Connect, Today and Tomorrow– Sound Platform 2 is designed for both today’s and tomorrow’s smart devices offering Bluetooth, the portable wireless standard, dual universal USB charging and a universal device stand.
About Soundfreaq (www.Soundfreaq.com)
Soundfreaq is a global co-op of craftsmen – designers and engineers with deep expertise in consumer electronics and a passion for great sound. By working outside the limitations of a traditional corporate structure, we are able to develop products from the ground up that deliver premium sound for a wireless world.